Here's the recipe of Spaghetti, Filipino style.
2 lbs spaghetti noodles
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 lb hotdogs, diagonally sliced
2 6 oz. cans tomato sauce
3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves)
1/4 cup brown or white sugar
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 onions, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 cup of water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated cheese
Spaghetti Cooking Instructions:
1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
2. In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.
3. Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes
5. Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.