I had been in the mood to cook meat recipes the past couple of days. The other day I decided to cook the ground turkey that was in my freezer for a few months already. I planned to make egg rolls out of it but then I changed my mind. Instead, I made some meatballs. It was my second time to make this recipe and I was so delighted with the outcome. My hubby commended me for this recipe and he's been eating it with his vegetable salad. I plan to make this again in the days to come. It is so simple and easy to make. Here's the recipe.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 1 onion
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with the olive oil, and place it in the oven while preheating.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground turkey, egg, and bread crumbs using your hands. Using an ice cream scoop if possible, form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs. Place about 1 inch apart in the hot baking dish. Press down to flatten the bottom just slightly.
3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn them over, and continue baking for about 5 more minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside. Serve with pasta and sauce or however you'd like.